28 Feb What to Expect During a Stucco Repair
Stucco is a long-lasting, extremely durable material, but that’s not to say it will last forever. Even the best-applied stucco may need repairs throughout the years. If you’ve come to the conclusion that you need to have this type of work done, you may be wondering what the job will entail.
At Premier Plastering of SW Florida, we have years of experience in helping homeowners just like you with repairs just like this. Although each job is a bit different from the next, we wanted to address some of the things you can expect during stucco repair.
If you only need a basic repair (as opposed to a full lath installation project), there are several things that will need to be done.
- Depending on the size of your home, the workers may need to install scaffolding. The time needed to do this will depend on the size of your home.
- Your home will also need to be prepped. This means masking doors, windows, walkways, fences and your driveway. Prepping will need to be complete before repairs and powerwashing.
- When the powerwashing does begin, it’s likely to cause a mess. (We always recommend that you give your neighbors a heads up before this process commences.) As such, on the day the powerwashing is scheduled, you’ll probably want to move anything that’s within 25-feet of the walls of your home, to a farther, safer distance. (You’ll also want to make sure the windows of your home are closed all the way!)
- Next, a skim-coat will need to be applied to the exterior of your home in the areas that need to be repaired. Some companies will recommend that a skim-coat be applied to the full exterior.
- Once the skim-coat application is complete, it will need time to cure. This often takes between two and seven days, depending on the scope of the project.
- Lastly, when everything is cured and the repairs are complete, the contractor will do a full exterior clean-up.
Have questions? Call Premier Plastering of SW Florida today
If you need help with a stucco repair, the experts at Premier Plastering can help. Our team of seasoned professionals are experienced in completing all types of repair jobs, large and small. For more information on what stucco repair entails, how long the job might take or to schedule a free, no-cost estimate, call us today to speak with a customer care agent you can trust.